Tuesday, February 18, 2014

More Paper Tanks

I have put together 3 more paper tanks...a Pz II from papertiger armaments, a Pz IV, and a Pz V from best paper models. Again, I am not a great modeler but I think they will work well for the gaming table. I re-sized the models from best paper from 1/87 to 1/72 and I think they are slightly big, but not so much that it will matter on the table.
Pz IV and V...I had trouble with both tanks around the mantlets and barrels...The Pz V from BPM is quite good although not as historically thorough as PTA models the Pz IV lacks detail compared to PTA. These are easier to put together than PTA models but still took me 4 or 5 hours for the Panther.



Here is my PTA Pz II, I am quite pleased with how it turned out although I did have trouble with the back deck and the left side return rollers


A comparison with the Pz II and V...again I think the BPA model ended up a little big but not by much...


Here is all of my armor together...the Sherman on the right is Armourfast plastic for comparison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment